for sealing off rigid pipes
|Link chains, version C||✔|
|Link chains, version S316||✔|
for sealing off plastic pipes
|Link chains, version BC||✔|
|Link chains, version BS316||✔|
Installation of Link-Seal® link chains
Fitting example link chains version C
Minimum wall thickness
|Module type||Wall thickness|
|LS 200||75 mm|
|LS 300||100 mm|
|LS 325||120 mm|
|LS 400||140 mm|
|LS 500||150 mm|
Maximum torque when sealing off steel/cast-iron pipes.
|Module type||Version C, S 316|
|LS 200 – LS 275||2 Nm|
|LS 300 – LS 360||8 Nm|
|LS 400 – LS 475||27 Nm|
|LS 500 – LS 575||65 Nm|
|LS 615||110 Nm|
|LS 625 – LS 700||65 Nm|
- The wall must be clean, flat and dry in the installation vicinity.
- There may be no grooves, cracks and breakouts on the wall surface in the installation vicinity.
- The seals and pipe services must be clean and free of damage.
- Ensure that the pipe to be sealed off is centred and does not exert any radial forces on the sealing module.
- The pressure plates must be evenly aligned.
- The number of sealing modules to be fitted in accordance with the calculation program (http://psi-products.de/linksealberechnung/) must be observed in all cases.
Extensive installation instructions are provided with the product.
The link chain version C is suitable for sealing off steel pipes which are fed through walls, ceilings and bases. One advantage of this sealing method is the possible retrospective installation.
Wrap a chain with appropriate number of modules around the pipe and close it using the union.
Push the link chain into the annular gap.
Position the link chain on the water side.
Tighten the link chain with a torque wrench.